Storing and Preparing Frozen Vegetables
- Do not thaw or rinse frozen food before cooking.
- Never thaw and then refreeze frozen foods.
- Check the temperature of your refrigerator, freezer and cool room regularly. Freezer temperature should be no warmer than -18°C.
- Frozen foods keep at -18°C, but for peak quality should be used within the recommended use-by date.
- Cook frozen vegetables in as little water as possible, to keep maximum vitamin and nutritional value. Or cook in the microwave – there’s no need to add water unless the quantity of vegetables being cooked is very large.
- Steaming and stir-frying are also excellent cooking methods for frozen vegetables and like microwaving these help retain maximum nutrient values.