- 4 small (about 100g each) beetroot, trimmed leaving 3cm stalks
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 200g broccolini
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 4 serves McCain Sweet Potato Wedges
- 350g cooked cracked freekeh
- 40g dried cranberries or sour cherries
- Lemon juice, for seasoning
- 80g hummus
- Toasted pepitas, to serve
- Tahini and orange dressing (Makes about 150ml)
- 60g hulled tahini
- 10g brown sugar
- 50ml orange juice
- 20ml mild olive oil
- Pinch salt
- To make the tahini and orange dressing, whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl until combined and smooth. Note that the sauce may thicken on standing and need a little more water to loosen slightly. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan-forced. Put the beetroot in a large tray and toss with a little oil. Roast for 20–35 minutes until tender. Cool slightly and peel.
- Heat a chargrill or chargrill pan over high heat. Toss the broccolini in a little oil and season well with salt and pepper. Chargrill until well-marked all over.
- Preheat the frying oil to 175°C. Deep fry the wedges from frozen. Cook 1/3 basket (approx. 700g) of product for 3 1/4 – 3 3/4 minutes. Shake to remove excess oil. When using smaller amounts reduce cooking time. Do not overcook.
- Toss the freekeh and cranberries or cherries together and season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Arrange the wedges, broccolini, freekeh salad, beetroot and hummus in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and scatter with pepitas.
TIP: For flexitarians/non-vegans add shredded chicken to the freekeh salad or grilled lamb meatballs.